There are a lot of different watch brands on the market today. They range from high end luxury brands to more budget conscious brands. With all of the men’s watch brands out there, you may be confused as to how to find the best one to purchase your watch from. We have done the research for you and compared the different brands against each other in various areas. What we have come up with is a great list that you can use to learn about the different watch brands that are the best for men’s watches. Once you learn about the different brands, you have substantially narrowed the field of choices from which to choose your next watch. The list we have compiled below is not in any particular order. What we have done instead is provided information about each company, the kinds of watches they offer and any other pertinent information we can offer to help you make your decision.
Citizen – Citizen has been around since the early 20s breaking new ground and laying the foundation for quality and innovation in the watch world. Originally called the Shokosha Watch Research Institute, the company named their first watch, a pocket watch, “Citizen”. The success of that name eventually led to the company changing their name to Citizen.
- They were the first Japanese manufacturer to create a shock resistant watch and then revolutionalized the watch industry again when they created a water resistant watch. The style of the Citizen watches tend to be more classic in nature, appealing to consumers who are looking for a time piece that goes well with many different occasions.
- One of their latest developments is the Eco-Drive System. This is a line of watches that are light powered rather than battery powered. This innovation by Citizen was the first to receive the Japan Environment Association’s Eco Mark for products that are environmentally friendly.
- The company values excellence in product, marketing and service keeping them one of the top watch brand companies around. In addition to watches, Citizen also manufacturers clocks, jewelry, eyeglass frames and even health care products.
- If you’re looking for a variety of classically styled watches that are rich in style and class, check out these Citizen watches. Their choices will include sleek bracelet style designs, as well as leather band watches as well.
Seiko – Seiko has been around since 1881 and has been a big player when it comes to revolutionary products including Japan’s first wristwatch that was developed in 1913. They are also responsible for the creation of the world’s first quartz watch as well that occurred in 1969.
- Due to their popularity, attention to detail and consistent advancement in technology, they have been the official timekeepers at many international sporting events starting with the Olympic Games in Tokyo in 1964.
- Even though watches are still the center of what Seiko is about they also have expanded into other fields including camera components, eyeglasses, jewelry, sports products and even toiletries. Seiko’s watch division became a standalone company in 2001, named Seiko Watch Corporation.
- Seiko watches are known for their style and features. They are durable, long lasting, and cover a variety of fashion preferences. Whether it’s the large chronograph style you prefer with the bracelet style band or a more classic style with a black or brown leather band, Seiko has a large array of choices for the watch connoisseur. Take a look at the choices you have that include designs and styles that will appeal to almost every person.
Casio – When it comes to high tech and super modern watches, Casio leads the pack with a large selection of watches to choose from. The company has been around since 1946 and revealed a watch called the Casiotron in 1974 that was a full featured watch that included an automatic calendar that accounted for the different length months and leap years.
- Casio’s watches are jam packed with features that include stopwatches, chronographs, calendars, alarms, backlights and much, much more. If you are looking for a sporty watch, chances are you’ll find what you’re looking for in the Casio line-up.
- They shockproof G-shock technology makes them excellent at withstanding daily wear and tear, even if it is rough. In addition to watches, you will see the high tech Casio name on calculators, digital cameras, film cameras, laptops, electronic keyboards, portable TVs, printers and much more.
- If you are looking for a watch that has plenty of features in addition to telling time, take a look at these Casio watches. Whether you’re a diver looking for a good diving watch, or a business man who wants something more sporty looking with a lot of features, Casio is sure to have something that you will love.
Invicta – Invicta Watch Company was founded in 1837 by the Picard family in La Chaux-de-Fonds, Switzerland. It was this family owned and operated company that produced Swiss Mechanical timepieces that were affordable and then the quartz movement began in the 70s.
- This Swiss company was bought by a US investment company and the corporate headquarters are now in Hollywood, Florida. That is also where consumers can find its customer service call center. The different brands that you will see by this long standing company include Invicta, I By Invicta and Activa; all popular names in watches.
- Consumers will notice that the Invicta line of watches tends to be a bit more elegant and fancy than some of the other brands. Many of the Invicta watches have chronographs, oversized faces, a lot of different color tones and styles, and a lot of great features for the wearer to enjoy and utilize. They are made with attention to the fashion conscious and are a typical choice for consumers who are looking for a dressier watch.
- Invicta founded and operates the Invicta Care Foundation which is a charitable, non-profit organization that watches out for the overlooked areas and causes by providing them financial support. One example of their contributions is in 2012 when they sent free watches to American soldiers that were serving overseas.
Timex – Timex Group was founded in 1854 and for a long time was the innovator and name associated with watches in general. They produce watches under many different names that you may recognize including: Timex Expedition, Timex Ironman, Versace, GC, Nautica, Guess, Versus and Opex, Salvatore Ferragamo.
- They are one of the largest watchmakers in the world and the company headquarters are located in the US in Middlebury, Connecticut. The Timex brand was launched in the 50s and they still sell millions of watches yearly all over the world.
- One of the best successes that Timex has had is their line of sports watches. With the familiar and well loved slogan ‘takes a licking and keeps on ticking’ that was relaunched in 1988 with a very humorous and memorable bent. Consumers loved the new ads and sales reflected that.
- Over the years they have introduced numerous fashion watches and functional sports watches that had features such as their ski watch in 1986 that had a thermometer feature, a racing watch that could measure speeds of almost 1000 miles an hour and also introduced the Atlantis 100 water resistant sports watch.
- They have always kept up with the demands and desires of the consumers and continue to bring fashion, style, functionality and class to their customers with their products.
- Timex may have been around a long time, but they have certainly kept up with the times and their excellent selection of watches proves that.
Michael Kors – Michael Kors has been a well known name in luxury fashion for a long time with everything from clothing to jewelry and fragrances. The line of Michael Kors watches are elegant and eye-catching, with watch designs that appeal to men with all kinds of tastes from the elegant to the casual.
- Michael Kors is not only known for his incredible fashion lines, he is also known for his work with feeding the hungry, a cause that is very dear to his heart. In 2013 he began the Watch Hunger Stop Campaign where he designed the 100 series watch to help aid this cause. A portion of the proceeds helps deliver meals to children through the school meal program.
- Due to his long standing commitment to this epidemic, he was named a Global Ambassador Against Hunger for the United Nations World Food Program. Many consumers would love to buy a watch from a company and an owner that does so much to help those who are in need.
- When you purchase a Michael Kors watch you will enjoy such features as chronographs with various capabilities, calendars, water resistance and more, customers who purchase a Michael Kors watch will get value, style, durability and they will be supporting a company that believes in helping others.
Bulova – Joseph Bulova opened his first jewelry store in 1875 at the age of 19 after immigrating to America in 1870. This store was opened in New York in Lower Manhattan, which at the time was the nucleus of NYC’s jewelry industry. He quickly made a name for himself with his work ethic, quality and artistry.
- The first plant that was committed to the production of jeweled wristwatch movements was opened in Switzerland in 1912. It was the plant that set the standard in horology. It was the first time that fine timepiece movements were made on an assembly line. The first line of men’s jeweled wristwatches came out in 1919 and was advertised across the United States.
- Bulova was the first company that aired television commercial. This commercial featured what would become a very famous slogan: ‘America Runs on Bulova Time’. In another show of trailblazing, the Bulova School of Watchmaking was opened in 1945 after WW II. This institution offered disabled soldiers tuition-free rehab and training that would aid them in their lives after the war.
- Bulova has been a company of firsts and continues to bring value and high quality to its customers at a price that they can afford. It is a well known and respected company and the products are beautiful. The intricacies or the time pieces they make are perfect for dressy occasions and yet they have watches that work well for those who prefer a more casual look without giving up quality and style.
Nixon – One of the newcomers to the watch seen, Nixon was founded in 1997 and is based in Encinitas, California. They manufacturer watches, accessories and also audio equipment.
- Its focus is the youth lifestyle market and their watches are simple and stylish and can be worn in a multitude of situations from work to casual.
- Nixon watches and accessories are sold in 80 countries and have standalone stores in California as well as Australia and Bali. They are dedicated to producing quality products and provide consumers with a large array of watches that have a simple yet classic design.
- Many of the Nixon watches simply do what they were designed to do…tell time. No fancy features that you don’t use or complicated functions.
- They have a large selection of watches to choose from to meet every fashion preference. From bracelet style watches to leather watchband styles, and included features like chronographs and other helpful features are a few of the things that make this brand of watch so popular. The prices are great too.
Many watch companies have been around for decades and others are newer but one thing remains consistent and that is that ALL of the companies here are dedicated to providing you with high quality choices that will please even the pickiest of watch lovers. Knowing a little about the different watch brand companies and learning where they started from can give you a sense of what each company is like. Although many of the companies make similar looking watches, there are elements that stand out whether it is an external feature or not. Although many people choose a watch on the fly with little to no research involved, we have provided you with some background information into the watch companies that you know and love. With this information you will be able to make a decision on which watch is best for you easily. All of these brand names are good and all of them offer feature rich watches that will be eye catching and stylish. They all offer more than just the ability to tell time. While that is the main reason to have a watch, with the beautiful designs and features that these companies’ offer, the watch you choose will do a lot more than tell time, they will possibly become heirlooms’ to pass down to your own children.