If you are looking for a high end watch, chances are you’ll find out that you absolutely love. The market is full of reputable brands but not all of them manufacture top-notch watches that have equal ranking.
Every brand will manufacture a watch that has a better competitive edge over the others. Just like most people will argue which is better between android and iOs, they will also argue over which is better between Rolex and Grand Seiko.
Both Role and Grand Seiko are popular watches and they are both associated with unique designs, high technology and ultimate sophistication. The comparison battle between the two has been there for a very long time.
So which is the best brand?
Why People Love Grand Seiko
Grand Seiko is perceived as a new comer in the luxury watch world. It launched in the United States a few years ago and climbed its way to fame through internet forums.
The truth is Grand Seiko was controversial way back in the 1960s the same way it is today. Seiko has not been a huge player in the luxury watch market as other brands such as the Rolex have been.
One of the most popular features of the Grand Seiko is the accuracy. If you compare the accuracy of GS with other watches out there, you’ll get a wide range of potential accuracy ratings.
Same case applies to the different types of GS watches but one fact remains; the worst rated GS watch has a better accuracy rating than all other brands of watches.
- While the specs are very impressive, you have to admit that very few brands can stay true to their heritage while advancing technology at the same time.
- GS expresses their philosophy very eloquently with the spring drive.
- They have seamlessly managed to integrate the mechanical and fine finishing of the GS with a unique high tech tri-synchro regulator. This allows them to mix the old with the new.
The movements don’t require batteries since all the energy is stored in a main spring which is mostly mechanical. The accuracy exceeds most quartz watches.
The spring drive gives you the opportunity to enjoy the accuracy of a high tech watch with the beauty of a traditional one.
Both sides of the spring drive have refined mechanical movements and advanced quartz ones. Most luxury brands in the market offer quartz movements but very few of them actually take the time to make them.
Why We Love Rolex
Rolex is a luxury watch that you will fancy at first glance. Rolex SA is a Swiss watchmaker established by Alfred Davis and Hans Wilsdorf in London as Wilsdorf and Davis in 1905.
Rolex later moved its base in 1919 to Geneva, Switzerland. Rolex is reputed as the largest luxury watch model with more than 2,000 watches designed on daily basis.
Rolex revolutionized the watch-making industry and it has designed some of the best watch models in the world. Its first design was the “Oyster” a waterproof timepiece in 1926.
- In 1910, Rolex was classified as the first watchmaker to earn chronometer certification. Rolex SA is also reputed for producing the first automatically date changing dial model the Rolex Datejust.
- Its Rolex Oyster Perpetual Submariner model of 1953 was also a great masterpiece with a waterproof case. Rolex GMT Master was their first watch brand to show two time zones at once in 1954.
- Rolex timepieces vary in prices and many times they are perceived as quite posh. Their prices vary depending on material used and where you are buying them.
- Not many Swiss watchmakers can compare to Rolex when it comes to its wristwatch value.
With thorough research and consultation, you will ascertain more about the features and capabilities of each watch brand. If it’s upon you to make a decision on which model fits your needs, you will not get it wrong.
Both watch models have certain similarities and notable differences. You will go for a design that fits your functions.
Rolex offers wearers more options especially if you operate on erratic settings. These two luxury watch brands are meaningful investments and will bring class and style to the wearer.
Visit the best watch dealer out there and clear your uncertainties on which brand to treasure. You will have enough answers to debate at any GS vs Rolex forum.